Friday, September 01, 2006

The Way Up

I wasn't particularly excited to go to Sagada because the thought of spelunking terrifies me. Not being very athletic has convinced me that I would certainly not enjoy what the place has to offer. But fortunately, Sagada offers more tha just a bunch of campy old caves.

We left Manila at 5 a.m. and 14 hours later reached Sagada. The place is quiet --- it looks like a scene from the land before time. The people are gentle (and have the most enviable clear skin complexion) and the mountains are awe-inspiring. I love the fact that the travel is hard... you have to want to go there to get there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Road to Sagada (coming from Bontoc)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Beautiful as the sea is, I am just quite worshipful of this particular mountainous region.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ifugao Fields

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home